I normally entitle such posts – ‘thrifty finds’ or similar – but that isn’t strictly true of these finds I’m sharing with you today. All of these finds were purchased this week, but some op shop, others the antique store (Finders Keepers in Clive) and my yellow shoes (as I mentioned in my previous post) are from a second hand boutique.
1. Wooden pull along toy (this thing is seriously awesome – it kind of makes music when you pull it – the kids are in awe): $1 from the op shop;
2. My yellow shoes: $6 from ‘Vivid’ a newly opened local second-hand boutique;
3. Vintage Edmonds Baking Powder tin (I have a bit of a vintage tin collection) – a gift from my Mum from Finders Keepers;
4. Two rolls of vintage ribbon/ trim (I am making a bunch of twirly skirts for the church fair): $0.80c a metre, Finders Keepers;
5. Two scraps of vintage fabric and a vintage sheet (perhaps also destined for twirly skirts..?): all up $1.50 from the op shop;
6. Denim dress and ruffle pants: all up $0.80 from the op shop. The dress is going to receive a wee bit of a makeover.
And because I forgot to put this in the group photo… the unofficial 7th item on the list is this multi-coloured Nana blankie.. a bit steep at $10, but it is pristine and so snuggly, a perfect buggy blanket or one to snuggle with on the couch. Plus I love the mish-mash of colours.
Have you had any second-hand success lately?